Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Favorite Brownies

This is a long-time favorite brownie recipe at my house.
I've been using this recipe since I was a teenager. I've long since forgotten from where it came, but it's a great basic brownie with slightly crispy edges and top and a soft chocolately inside.


Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
 1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Melt butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan over very low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and walnuts. Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and spread batter evenly in pan. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes. Cool completely and dust with powered sugar if desired.

Do you have a favorite brownie recipe?


No comments: