Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday in the Park

It was sunny, cool and windy when I walked to the park this morning. . . a perfect day for kite flying! April is National Kite Flying Month and families were out to celebrate by having a Kite Fly-In in our little community park.


There were kite building kits for the kids.


And a few demonstrations of large kites by the Hoosier Kitefliers Society.


High flyin!


On down at the lake, these beautiful little sailboats were participating in a model boat regatta.


Powered by the wind, they are controlled remotely from shore and skillfully navigated the course set out on the lake.

It was a lovely Saturday in the park. I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend, too.



3 comments:

Our Comfy~ Cozy Life!!!! said...

I just found your blog...I LOVE it! I'm now following, hope you'll follow me too!

I can't wait to buy some felt and try some of your ideas!!!! :)

Melissa Lisbon said...

What lovely photos - I love the clear blue sky and the kites are fantastic! What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday :)

Beedeebabee said...

Looks like a beautiful day in a beautiful park! I love kites! xo Paulette