Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Making Felt Balls

I've been making some new felt balls for my felted wool poppy brooches.

At first try, I needle felted the center balls for my felted poppy brooches. This time I used the wet felting technique. I coiled up wisps of wool roving into a loose ball. Then I just dampened the wool. Next I made my hands soapy and rolled the ball lightly between my palms. As the ball started to harden, I could apply more pressure. Once it all comes together, I rinsed in cool water to rinse out the soap. I need a little more practice, but this method works very well.

Once I have the flowers assembled, I'll be listing more felted flower poppies in my Etsy shop, Felt Sew Good! And be sure to check out the Customer Appreciation Giveaway going on in my shop through the month of November! You could win a felted poppy brooch and other great prizes.

1 comment:

Roothies said...

I absolutely love these brooches!!
I live in London and would love to stock these on my new online shop - how do i contact you, i can't find an email address?