Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Look What I Found!

Last summer I made new cushions for the wicker sofa glider on my screened porch. We love to spend time on the porch during the warm weather months - reading, relaxing and eating meals away from the bugs. The glider itself is in good shape, but with a lot of use over the years, the cushions had seen better days. I made the new cushion covers with zippers in the twill fabric so that they could be removed and washed - they should last for years to come. The new cushions are sturdier and more comfortable than the originals, so I was very pleased with the results!

Recently, I was excited when I found this pretty tropical leaf print decorator fabric for just $3 per yard. I was going to buy a yard or so and make a couple of throw pillows for the glider. Then I quickly remembered that this fabric would totally clash with the other furniture on the porch. So, I bought all of the fabric and I decided to recover the rest of the furniture cushions!
I'll have to buy two zippers for the cushions on the chaise lounge, and then I'll have a whole new look for about $25. Yeah, I know I still have to do all the work, but I like to sew and I do love a bargain! I'm off now to prewash the fabric. Stay tuned for the results!

No comments: